Downloading from youtube is getting more easier




Welcome to youtube-dl.

For me, downloading a video or audio from youtube was a streanous job until I met youtube-dl in the repostiory of Arch Linux. Now it's as easy as drinking a cup of milk. I had been a regular visitor of third party sites like keepvid.com and savefromnet.com etc, but not anymore - youtube-dl is with me now.

Even with keepvid.com, I could only download a single video at a time. If I wanted to download an entire playlist, I had to purchase the pro version of keepvid.com. And why should I pay for it, while I have a very simpler option before me!

YOUTUBE-DL is a tiny command-line program in Gnu/Linux systems. If you're using Ubuntu or Linux Mint or Debian or Arch Linux, it is so easy to use. Here is the way to install the program.

sudo apt-get install youtube-dl

Give the command and sit bak, the installation will be done automatically. Or if you are an Arch user, just give the following command

sudo pacman -Ss youtube-dl
 
Ok. Done. Now you want to download a silly single video from youtube as it is. Please provide the following command.

youtube-dl https://youtu.be/DW5jfjN-5RI

And if you want to download an entire video under a playlist as mp3 audio, what command to give? Here is the command.

youtube-dl -i --extract-audio --audio-format mp3 -o "%(title)s.%(ext)s" https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_rXc1ssylNdm6ywGuUoFDceN7RokajID


Just rename the playlist url as you like. And just relax, the entire playlist will be downloaded as mp3 file in the folder where you have executed the command.

Comments

Popular Posts